8.07.2014

Ballooning in Cappadocia, Turkey

I just got back from an amazing time in Turkey and France.  I had never been to Turkey before and I have to say.....I'm in love.  What a fascinating place it is, with it's culture, quite ancient history, amazingly delicious food, religion and politics.  
One of our stops was Cappadocia, in the Anatolian region of Turkey.  We decided to take a balloon ride one morning which meant you were up before 4am and taken to a spot where about 80 to 100 balloons go into the air at the same time.  You fly over the most amazing landscape,  created by volcanos and eroded by rain and winds, thousands of years ago.  Some describe the formations as fairy chimneys.  All I have to say is it is absolutely breathtaking.  Once we landed, in tradition, a little bubbly at 6:30 am.  Why not??????

No comments:

Post a Comment